We are Looking for a Talented User Interface (UI) Designer to join our team!
Knox Design Strategy is a boutique design studio located in midtown Manhattan that specializes in branding and digital design for professional services firms. We have a fully-integrated, collaborative and supportive team comprised of internal design professionals and external professionals in key functions, such as copywriting and technology development. Our nimble approach to work each and every day meets the challenge of infusing unique creative solutions into the work of our more serious-minded clients. We also believe in having some fun along the way and want to genuinely like and learn from the people with whom we work.
About the Role
Knox Design Strategy is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer/UI Designer with solid experience in user interface who will lead the design and development of compelling, user-focused, strategic and brand-relevant creative solutions that meet the client’s business goals and defined-strategies from project initiation through launch. The Designer will serve as Knox Design Strategy’s subject matter expert on user interface design of website and digital applications and should have an understanding of usability principles. The Designer will manage their own clients/projects, as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with the Creative Director in presenting the work, as appropriate. The Designer will also conceptualize some non-digital projects, as needed.
Candidate must be highly motivated, be able to find joy and personal satisfaction in working in an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities internally and externally to make a difference. The candidate must be committed to timely completion of the best work possible that surpasses both client team member’s expectations. Finally, the individual must be passionate about having fun!
- 7–10 years of solid design experience (combination of digital and print)
- Strong web design skills and a thorough understanding of user interface design for responsive websites (intranets a plus!)
- UX research skills (e.g., the ability to identify users, their needs and requirements of the project prior to the user interface design)
- Excellent typography skills
- Strong creative thinking and conceptual skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Highly motivated, a self-starter
- Ability to manage own projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience working with developers (ability to code is not required)
- Software & Technical Skills
- Sketch (for web design)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Basic Word & PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic Pages & Keynote (Apple Productivity Suite)
- User Interface Design (50%)
- Graphic Design for Non-Digital Projects: Conceptual Development, Design and Production (25%)
- Client and Project Management (20%)
- General Studio Responsibilities – Business Development & Administration (5%)
Send your cover letter, resumé, salary expectation and a link to your portfolio to Brandie Knox with Graphic Designer/UI Designer Position in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. No relocation package is offered. Compensation is commensurate with applicable experience. We offer paid time off and a contribution towards medical health care benefits.
Please only apply if you are looking for a full-time role.