Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Demystified: A Workshop
On Wednesday, October 5, 2016, Brandie Knox was a speaker at Legal Marketing Technology Conference West. Brandie presented Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Demystified: A Workshop, along with speaker David Hitt, from Splat.
Today, search engines want unique, high-quality content that is informative and answers users’ questions. Fresh, interesting, relevant and enlightening content is rewarded with higher rankings and organic traffic. It’s important to know what topics people want to know about and what language they are using to refer to these topics, and then provide rich content that answers their questions. Don’t understand the specifics of search engine optimization? Want to understand how SEO works? When should you hire an expert and when you should attempt on-page SEO on your own?
This workshop will give you a basic overview of the various components of search engine optimization so whether working with an expert or optimizing a post on your own, you have a thorough understanding of relevant vocabulary, basic tools and best practices.
We will do a walk-through of how on-page SEO works by logging into a few content managements systems (CMS) and reviewing specifics. We will also demonstrate the tools used in keyword research and best practices for narrowing down which key phrases are best.
In this workshop, complete with handouts, we will provide you with an enough information to allow you to confidently make informed decisions, and possibly optimize a few pages and posts on your site, in a pinch, when needed! Audience members will develop insight into:
- How SEO works and an overview of components (title tags, meta descriptions, etc.)
- The best tools used for keyword research; we will provide a list of industry tools and websites
- How to determine trends
- How to make informed decisions when reviewing keyword research
- What are 301-redirects and why should be using them
- An overview of elements that also affect your rankings such as responsive website design, inbound links, domain registration, etc.
- How to incorporate ongoing SEO into your content strategy