Want to be a part of our studio? Knox Design Strategy is hiring a UX/UI Designer.
Knox Design Strategy is a boutique design studio headquartered in midtown Manhattan specializing in branding and digital design for professional services firms. Our business-focused, tactical approach meets the challenge of infusing unique creative solutions into the work of our more serious-minded clients. We also believe in having some fun along the way and want to learn from the people with whom we work.
About the Role
Knox Design Strategy is looking for a full-time UX/UI Designer with a minimum of two years prior work experience. The UX/UI Designer will work closely with the Sr. UX/UI Designer on the design and development of compelling, user-focused, strategic and brand-relevant creative solutions that meet the client’s business goals and defined-strategies from project initiation to launch.
The candidate must be highly motivated and able to find joy and personal satisfaction in working in an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities. The candidate must be committed to timely completion of the best work possible that surpasses both client and team members’ expectations. Finally, the individual must be passionate about learning and having fun. This is a particularly exciting time, as we have two products in various stages of design and development!
The candidate will also support Knox Design Strategy’s overall culture, values and mission. This is a full-time position. NYC-area is a plus, but we will consider remote/hybrid work. Some travel is required.
- 2–4 years of full-time UX/UI experience
- A thorough understanding of UX/UI design for digital applications (websites, products, intranets and custom applications)
- UX research skills (e.g., the ability to identify users, their needs and requirements of the project prior to the user interface design phase)
- Excellent typography skills
- Strong creative thinking and conceptual skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Experience collaborating with developers (ability to code is not required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly motivated, a self-starter
- Software & Technical Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite
- Review and discuss client-provided materials and project initiation documentation with client and Sr. UX/UI Designer to understand strategy, design criteria and project parameters
- Lead efforts to gather and develop business requirements and user needs specific to complex features, functionality, content and organizational structure
- Create user requirement specifications, such as personas and navigation models (e.g., sitemaps, wireframes).
- Identify and recommend features, functionality and specific interactions based on analysis of clients’ content requirements, business goals and user needs
- Create and produce compelling digital/interactive solutions based on unique needs of specific users; review and discuss concepts with the Sr. UX/UI Designer and Creative Director for presentation and approval
- Gather and incorporate feedback from the design team, clients, end users and technical team to validate user experience
- Create Adobe XD prototypes and guidelines and supervise our development/implementation and technical partners to ensure a flawless development and launch process
- Learn and stay abreast of new trends and programs (and or recent updates) and UX/UI best practices
Send your cover letter, resumé, salary requirements and link to your portfolio to: Brandie Knox with UX/UI Designer Position in the subject line.