Knox Design Strategy is a boutique design studio located in midtown Manhattan that specializes in branding and digital design for professional services firms. We have a fully-integrated, collaborative and supportive team comprised of internal design professionals and external professionals in key functions, such as copywriting and technology development. Our nimble approach to work each and every day meets the challenge of infusing unique creative solutions into the work of our more serious-minded clients. We also believe in having some fun along the way and want to genuinely like and learn from the people with whom we work.
About the Role
Knox Design Strategy is looking for a full-time UX/UI Designer with experience in user experience and user interface who will work closely with the Sr. UX/UI Designer on the design and development of compelling, user-focused, strategic and brand-relevant creative solutions that meet the client’s business goals and defined-strategies from project initiation through launch. The Designer will have an understanding of usability principles and may also conceptualize some non-digital projects, as needed.
Candidate must be highly motivated, able to find joy and personal satisfaction in working in an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities, internally and externally. The candidate must be committed to timely completion of the best work possible that surpasses both client team members’ expectations. Finally, the individual must be passionate about learning and having fun!
- 2–3 years of solid design experience
- Strong web design skills and a thorough understanding of UX/UI design for responsive websites (intranets a plus!)
- UX research skills (e.g., the ability to identify users, their needs and requirements of the project prior to the user interface design)
- Excellent typography skills
- Strong creative thinking and conceptual skills
- Unwavering attention to detail
- Highly motivated, a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience collaborating with developers (ability to code is not required)
- Software & Technical Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (XD, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Basic Word & PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic Pages & Keynote (Apple Productivity Suite)
- User Experience / User Interface Design (90%)
- Graphic Design for Non-Digital Projects: Design and Production (5%)
- General Studio Responsibilities – Business Development & Administration (5%)
Send your cover letter, resumé, salary expectation and a link to your portfolio to Brandie Knox with UX/UI Designer Position in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. and reside in the NYC area. No relocation package is offered. Compensation is commensurate with applicable experience. We offer paid time off and a contribution towards medical health care benefits.
Please only apply if you are looking for a full-time role.