We are Looking for a Talented Graphic Designer / UI Designer!
Knox Design Strategy is a boutique design studio located in midtown Manhattan that specializes in branding and digital design for professional services, financial and law firms. We have an expansive team with which to fulfill the needs of our clients – a fully-integrated, collaborative and supportive team comprised of internal design professionals and external professionals in key functions, such as copywriting and technology development. Our size and scope allow us to be nimble and efficient, without compromising what we are known for in our niche industries – strategy and creativity. If you are a go-getter, eager to learn, and have an entrepreneurial spirit, get in touch!
Why join us?
We understand the true value of our employees – if we take care of our employees, they will take care of our clients. At KDS, you will have the unusual and exciting opportunity to work directly with the Principal & Creative Director of the company while you also gain hands-on experience with branding, print and digital projects. This will also afford you the very rare opportunity to learn all aspects of running a design business in the best way possible – by seeing it and doing it. In addition to working collaboratively, you will work autonomously, managing your own projects. Lastly, a key part of valuing your employees is ensuring they have opportunities to learn and grow. At KDS, you will learn something new every day. Besides learning all of the above, each client project will provide a unique learning experience. And, unlike the larger agencies, you will be right next to the Principal/Creative Director of KDS when the project comes in, as well as other designers and extended team member, ready to continue your growth and development. If you join KDS, you have the opportunity to not only learn, but make a huge contribution and impact to the clients’ businesses. So, why would you not join us?
About the Role
Knox Design Strategy is looking for a full-time Graphic Designer with solid experience in user interface who will lead the design and development of compelling, user-focused, strategic and brand-relevant creative solutions that meet the client’s business goals and defined-strategies from project initiation through launch. The Graphic Designer will serve as Knox Design Strategy’s subject matter expert on user interface design of website and digital applications and should have an understanding of usability principles. The designer will manage their own clients/projects, as well as attend key client presentations and collaborate with the Creative Director in presenting the work, as appropriate. The designer will also conceptualize some non-digital projects, as needed.
Candidate must be highly motivated, be able to find joy and personal satisfaction in working in an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities internally and externally to make a difference. The candidate must be committed to timely completion of the best work possible that surpasses both client team member’s expectations. Finally, the individual must be passionate about having fun!
- 2-4 years of solid design experience
- Minimum of 2 years of print experience
- Strong web design skills and a thorough understanding of user interface design for responsive websites
- UX research skills (e.g., the ability identify users, their needs and requirements of the project prior to the user interface design)
- Displays excellent typography skills
- Demonstrates strong creative thinking and conceptual skills
- Has unwavering attention to detail
- Is highly motivated, a self-starter
- Manages own projects and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid experience working with developers (Ability to code is not required)
- Software & Technical Skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- Sketch and Photoshop (for web design)
- Word & PowerPoint (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Pages & Keynote (Apple Productivity Suite)
- User Interface Design (50%)
- Graphic Design for Non-Digital Projects: Conceptual Development, Design and Production (25%)
- Client and Project Management (20%)
- General Studio Responsibilities – Business Development & Administration (5%)
Send your cover letter, resumé, salary expectation and a link to your portfolio to Brandie Knox with Graphic Designer/UI Designer Position in the subject line.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. No relocation package is offered. Compensation is commensurate with applicable experience. We offer paid time off and a contribution towards medical health care benefits.
Please only apply if you are looking for a full-time role.