Looking for a Creative Workflow Manager to Join Our Team!
Knox Design Strategy is a boutique design studio located in midtown Manhattan that specializes in branding and digital design for professional services firms. We have a fully-integrated, collaborative and supportive team comprised of internal design professionals and external professionals in key functions, such as copywriting and technology development. Our nimble approach to work each and every day meets the challenge of infusing unique creative solutions into the work of our more serious-minded clients. We also believe in having some fun along the way and want to genuinely like and learn from the people with whom we work.
About the Role
Knox Design Strategy seeks a self-driven Creative Workflow Manager. The Creative Workflow Manager will manage Knox Design Strategy project workflow to ensure the big-picture view of how all our projects are managed and how the current workload, collectively and individually, impacts Knox Design Strategy and our budgets, resources, schedules, responsiveness and client satisfaction. We are looking for a full-time candidate, but will consider candidates who may wish to work a slightly reduced 30-hour work week.
- 1–3 years comparable experience in a similar “command central” project management or producer role, ideally within a creative studio or in-house creative services team
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, including budgets and project schedules
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience or interest in strategy, writing, research, UX or proposal writing a plus, but not required
- Software & Technical Skills
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe InDesign a plus, but not required
Experience with managing CRM, a plus, but not required
Project and Resource Management (60%)
- Develop and maintain responsive internal communications and project-management process that accommodate for size/scope and strategic importance of project/client.
- Schedule, organize and lead weekly staff meeting and billing meetings.
- Work in partnership with the Principal to assign billable and non-billable projects to internal staff, external strategic partners and freelancers based on project budget, skill and availability.
- Keep the Principal informed and updated on status of project and client-related issues on a daily basis.
- Assist staff with production requirements, including helping source, schedule and negotiate rights and fees for all stock and commissioned images, illustrations and photoshoots.
Client Management (20%)
- Schedule and attend all client-related meetings/calls, documenting client feedback and next steps, and managing project schedules and budgets.
- Obtain and coordinate any necessary deliverables (content, imagery, etc.) and approvals from clients throughout project.
- Direct management of client relationships ensuring client satisfaction from project initiation through to completion and subsequent client debriefs.
New Business Development (10%)
- Help the Principal with researching promotional and new business opportunities (potential prospects) that align with the studio’s positioning. Note: this is not sales, but more a research and support function.
- Update the studio’s client relationship management tool (CRM).
- Stay abreast of local industry and client-facing opportunities and attend these events, when possible, to help promote the studio.
- Help the Principal and team write and update social media and website with current projects and news.
- Strategize content and help produce quarterly studio newsletters.
- Collaborate with the Principal to develop new business presentations.
General Studio Responsibilities (10%)
- Keep staff updated on industry-wide events (lectures, conferences).
- Support Knox Design Strategy’s overall culture, values and mission.
- Contribute to environment that is efficient, professional, proactive and team oriented.
Send your cover letter and resumé to Brandie Knox with Creative Workflow Manager in the subject line.
Notes: Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. No relocation package is offered. Compensation is commensurate with applicable experience. We offer paid time off and a contribution towards medical health care benefits.