Knox Design Strategy is a boutique design studio located in midtown Manhattan specializing in branding and digital design for professional services firms. We have a fully-integrated, collaborative and supportive team comprised of internal design professionals and strategic partners in key functions, such as copywriting and development. Our business-focused, tactical approach meets the challenge of infusing unique creative solutions into the work of our more serious-minded clients. We also believe in having some fun along the way and want to genuinely like and learn from the people with whom we work.
About the Role
Knox Design Strategy seeks a self-driven Creative Workflow Manager to join our collaborative team. The Creative Workflow Manager will manage Knox Design Strategy project workflow to ensure the big-picture view of how all projects are managed and how current workload, collectively and individually, impacts Knox Design Strategy and our budgets, resources, schedules, responsiveness and client satisfaction. As our Integrator, the right candidate will be Knox Design Strategy’s steady force, working closely with the Visionary (our Principal), and the collective team to remove obstacles and barriers. The right candidate will support Knox Design Strategy’s overall culture, values and mission. We are looking for a full-time candidate. The NYC-area is a plus, but we will consider remote work. Some travel is required.
- 2–4 years of relevant creative project management experience, ideally within a creative studio or in-house creative services team.
- Highly-organized, detail-oriented and self-directed with the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, including budgets and project schedules.
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for interacting with people.
- Experience planning, developing timelines and overseeing complex, long-term projects.
- Software & Technical Skills:
- Power-user of Asana (or comparable project management tool)
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google G Suite
Project and Resource Management (70%)
- Develop and maintain responsive internal communications and project-management processes, including quality review of creative work and test sites.
- Schedule, organize and lead weekly staff meetings and individual one-on-ones.
- Track and organize all project deliverables and milestones in our project management tool.
- Download and organize project files on the server.
- Assign billable and non-billable projects to internal staff and external strategic partners and freelancers, based on project budget, skill and availability.
- Manage our strategic partners, including development teams, SEO strategists, copywriters
- Update the Principal daily on the status of projects and client-related issues.
- Review the team’s time entries in the time-tracking tool to ensure the team adheres to external and internal budgetary parameters, and notify the team and Principal if needed.
Client Management (20%)
- Lead client onboarding and all client communications (email, Asana and status calls).
- Schedule and attend all client-related meetings/calls, documenting all feedback and next steps.
- Obtain and coordinate any necessary deliverables and approvals from clients throughout projects.
- Manage client relationships to ensure client satisfaction from project initiation through to completion and subsequent client debriefs.
General Studio Responsibilities (10%)
- Manage and oversee paid time off and monitor adherence to policies and procedures manuals.
- Perform frequent review of the team’s documented processes and procedures to ensure they are up to date.
- Track and manage competition entries.
- Keep staff apprised of industry-wide events (lectures, conferences).
- Contribute to an environment that is efficient, professional, proactive and team oriented.
Send your cover letter, resumé and salary requirements to Brandie Knox with Creative Workflow Manager in the subject line.
Notes: Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates who are authorized to work in the U.S. No relocation package is offered. Compensation is commensurate with applicable experience. We offer paid time off and contribute towards medical health care benefits.