What Do Search Engines Want in 2017?
Don’t understand the specifics of search engine optimization? Want to understand how SEO works? Wondering when you should hire an expert and when you should attempt on-page SEO on your own?
Today, search engines want unique, high-quality content that is informative and answers users’ questions. Fresh, interesting, and relevant content is rewarded with higher rankings and organic traffic. It’s important to know what topics people want to know about and what language they are using to refer to these topics, and then provide rich content that answers their questions. This workshop will give you a basic overview of the various components of search engine optimization. Whether you’re working with an expert or optimizing a post on your own, you’ll gain a thorough understanding of relevant vocabulary, basic tools, and best practices.
Audience members will develop insight into:
- How SEO works and an overview of components (title tags, meta descriptions, etc.)
- The best tools used for keyword research (we will provide a list of industry tools and websites)
- How to determine trends
- How to make informed decisions when reviewing keyword research
- What are 301-redirects and why should you be using them?
- An overview of elements that also affect your rankings such as responsive website design, inbound links, domain registration, etc.
- How to incorporate ongoing SEO into your content strategy
- What local SEO is and how to increase the likelihood of ranking in geographically-based search queries
- How to use Google Webmaster Console and analytics software to monitor SEO success
Check out our post for more information on starting the process: SEO Keyword Research for Law Firms – The Planning Before the Research